Teens Growing Up

I remember, both before and after 50, being a teen. The frustration was there where you're too young for so much and too old to act a certain way. The expectations almost seem to vary according to the situation. I didn't like it, and my daughters are no different. Our word for today, however is growth, as I saw it first hand in my oldest. We teach our kids so much, and only hope it's getting through. I had the joy of watching her and sitting back, knowing it got through. We had a tough year in homeschooling this year, but tough that really made all of us stronger as we were blessed to learn from each others' trials. I saw her try and persevere in a course that was really difficult for her. She never gave up and worked with such a tenacity that it inspired me to work harder. And this was my daughter. I was pleased. We came to a point that the hard work was not bringing about the desired results. Time for mom to step in. She worked more. I always told them to do their best and not give up. To her, this was giving up. New lessons. She took it well, and we are re-doing some areas and retaking this course. But lessons learned and character qualities developed? Priceless. Watching your 15 year old inspire you? Also priceless.

Continuing to grow as always-
Denise

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes my teen surprises me too, and it makes me realize that I am doing the most important job on the planet! Way to go mom!

Lioness said...

Hi!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and offering positive words. It is appreciated.


Lioness- Your Newest Follower

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Sounds like you both learned and grew a great deal.

I am a new follower from the Thankful Thursday voiceBoks Hop. Would love a follow back at
http://messforless.blogspot.com

Thanks!